BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Goldbcfc's 330ci convertible RY51 YPE (picture heavy)

15K views 67 replies 17 participants last post by  wheelercolby 
#1 · (Edited)
Goldbcfc's BMW E46 330ci Convertible

This is my second E46 and my first e46 a 318ci coupe had CCFL lights when i bought it. They looked good so i added some to the 330ci very effecetive for £25.

I tried smoked indicators £25 their good value for the money and a good finish if their depo brand. They look even better on darker coloured E46's. I had the aftermarket smoked rear l.e.d tail lights first but I went back to the original clear/red OEM facelift l.e.d tail lights with the light control module from facelift so you dont get the error out light on dash. Their a better finish and build to the aftermarket l.e.d's.

I Had the black grille look for a while, then black with chrome, then chrome with black now back to original all chrome looks more classy but will probably change again when mood suits me.

Interior is standard full black m-sport leather with memory seats. Original bmw mats etc, new gear knob which i put off buying for nearly 2 years as it was £50 but well wroth the money in the end. As soon as fitting it i knew it was worth upgrading to the weighted m-sport gear knob.

In the boot jbl subwoofer and amplifier wired direct to modified upgraded bm54 module. Upgraded channel amps from 25w to 50w per channel on bm54 module. Remote aux and added bluetooth chip to bm54 module to stream music direct from phone to stereo/satnav. 2 x RCA pre-outs for external amp. Probably the best money ive spent on the car as i like my music. I kept all original bmw units and steering wheel functions with it all looking oem still.

Hood is almost perfect and the car is a great example with only 1 previous owner.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Some pictures over the years ive had it

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
some more pictures

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks.....

had my mv1 alloys refurbished £20 per wheel at city poweder coatings in digbeth birmingham

Attachments

#12 ·
Inside still looks new

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
I thought i'd see what ive spent either faults/parts broken or things ive replaced for my own satisfaction/pocket. Brake calliper sticking managed to replace it straight away before it ruined my discs and pads £90 new brake calliper. Abs,Dsc,parking brake light all on turned out to be faulty abs pump £60 for a used one.

Pirelli p zero rear tyres x 2 £250
Eibach pro springs £120
Meyle water pump £30
Meyle RATB £25
Meyle wishbone/balljoint and control arm bush £190
Meyle anti roll bar drop links £40
Wahler thermostat £50
Hella oil level sensor £80
Hella expansion tank £50
Conti ac belt £10
Conti alternator belt £30
Febi bilstein ac tensioner £30
Febi bilstein alternator tensionser £30
Febi bilstein adjusting pulley £25
Meyle water pump pulley £20

#20 ·
A freind was selling these 19 inch csl replicas with bridgestone tyres so for £250 a bargain not to missed just got to replace a tyre and fit them if they dont fit well now the cars been lowered im sure i can resell them at a profit as the tyres alone were £180 each and they all have 6mm so fairly new still

Attachments

#26 ·
Hi mate, just recently bought myself an E46 cabby after my previous coupe. This time round it's a 53 plate facelift with no xenons, I know this has probably been done to death but i'm wondering what you recommend, first for angel eyes and second for a xenon look/hid kit (the idea of a blue/white angel eye against a yellow headlight would seriously annoy me! haha)

#27 · (Edited)
I just got some really good bulbs to replace the old yellowish ones i got the osram superwhite night breakers for both main beam and the fog lights everything matches well.

Main beam H7 bulb
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380817813625?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Fog light HB4 bulb
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231130896087?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I fitted one side to test and yes they are exactly as stated wider angle and 60% further beam so alot better than standard bulbs my fog bulbs were £35 when i got them so £15 now is a bargain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.