BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 OBD-II Problem

Tags
obdii
5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xenontek 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have DIS v44, INPA etc setup and running on a laptop. The problem I am having is connecting it to the car. The car has a port in the footwell AND in the engine bay. I have an ELM327 OBDII to USB cable and I cant get it to communicate to the car in order to activate the OBC retrofit. I have spent almost a week going through many forums and walk throughs but can not find an answer to my question.

The question is basically: Will an ELM327 OBDII to USB cable work in my car to PROGRAM the car to enable the onboard computer?

Cheers guys.

#6 ·
Hi there ,

so my car is same setup as yours however if I use OBD cable from foot well I do not get access to all modules witb DIS or INPA. You need to check if you have pin 15 in the connection in teh car. If you dont (like me) you are able to jumper pins here with 2 pieces of wire and this gives full access from ODB connection in footwell. Only got this sorted myself last week. Ill dig out image of where pin 15 is and which pins need jumpered and post when i get home from work.

thanks
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.