BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW PA SOFT OBD2 Scanner version 1.4.0-is it accurate enough?

670 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BMW325TI 
#1 ·
Hi Guys!

I have the above which I know now is fairly old software. I am using it on an E46 2002 316ti Compact, can I be certain that this software is fairly accurate in pin-pointing error codes?. Or is the software used by high street garages more accurate as it scans more deeply?. My scans that I have done recently bring up no errors at all (perhaps I should take that as good?).

Any comments would be welcomed!

Thanks

Jason

#2 · (Edited)
No help whatsoever here, solely watching based on the fact i keep eyeing up this software. The hardware is cheap as chips, the free software shows a statement something like 'options open to show potential for' which when coupled with the ridiculous cost of the 'unlocked' software must surely imply some serious limits on the free version. So the main question i have is whether you have the full unlocked version and if not how well does it appear to be doing whats needed? Again, sorry if I am pulling this off track, I am just interested to know more.
I also have a 2002 compact, albeit a six cylinder. I was mainly interested in the pa software as someone once told me it was possible to use it to make the windows close on the keyfob, something i always wanted the car to do, rather than have to insert the key in the drivers lock to close them. Not having pets and kids means no worries about the option on my car.

#4 ·
I forgot to add, if its showing no errors and the car isnt throwing up any telltail dash lights, then i would say all is well and put any thoughts of trying to look deeper well away.

Just enjoy the blissful experience of not having any issues. Its a feeling you should hang into for dear life.

(Take it from the guy who is currently fighting a few gremlins and is getting far too good at recognising certain fault codes).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.