BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 e46 320d - crankcase breather cyclone??

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Moham 
#1 ·
just changed my oil today... then noticed oil dripping from what looks like an air sensor in a pipe from the intercooler to the top of the engine ...i removed a rubber section and inside was quite a bite of oily sludge.... i checked on the internet and was told to check the crank breather i did this and found there was no filter as such inside this part so more internet searching and it appears i have the newer style cyclone filter only thing is how does it filter with no element inside? also should i be concered with the oil in the intercooler pipes. car is not smokey and has used around 700-900ml of oil in 7000 miles

#3 ·
is the egr valve the air sensor thing im talking about?...do people regularly clean out pipes, intercooler and manifold? ...also my rad flaps keep slamming shut after i turn the engine off and from what i gather they only open in very hot weather... there vacum operated as far as i know so wondor if this is all connected?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.