BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 320d 150bhp Cannot start it...HELP !!

936 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bmer 
#1 ·
Hi, I posted this question on here somewhere and can't find it...anyway, had to replace turbo in my 320d 150bhp engine and decided to do swirl flaps as car was going to be off-road for a while, put it all back together Friday night and it started, but rear injector was not fully in place, collar was upsidedown, had to remove manifold to sort that and when replacing manifold, I trapped a wire going to (solenoid perhaps) located at end of common rail diesel supply...car failed to make any attempt to start this time, then I noticed the trapped wire, sorted that, it had to be re-joined, still no start, seems like fuel pump isn't cutting in anymore either, checked fuses in glovebox, all ok...are there fuses somewhere else or has anyone any ideas on what may have heppened or what I should be checking?

#3 ·
There are three connectors at the far end of the inlet manifold, two attached to it and the one you said you broke which is the pressure release valve/pressure controller on the common rail, if that is not connected the engine will not start at all. You need to check the other two wires are not broken, they may have been sheared but is still in its plastic sheild.

The other two are the MAP sensor on back of the inlet manifold and the swirl flap pressure converter connector underneath at the back

See if you can get the fault codes read, that will tell you whats ups

#4 ·
Thanks lads, found the extra fuses in the ECU box...had looked in there before but at first glance, looks more like a relay than a selection of fuses! Anyway, one of them had blown so back on the road again and have a much quieter and smoother engine now!!
Thanks again for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.