BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 325 Help Please, slugish and low on power !

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BAD_MAN_121 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 325ci , and its realy slugish, hardly moves :( , and all it does is suck up juice, its realy annoying, before this i had a r32, was much beter on fuel and power, can any1 tell me whats wrong with it,

iv changed spark plugs, air filter, and oil and oil filter,

also when start it in mornings, it seems to have slight missing.

Cheers

#5 ·
Hi Egon,

Whats a crankcase vent valve,

when im driving or on standstill, i dont think i can hear any air leaks etc, when i start it from cold, it missfires, but when i switch car of and on again, at times it goes away. thats a everymorning problem.

and for a 325 i expected it to be pretty fast not a slugish fart :(, it kinda speeds up after 6000 rpm.

#6 ·
when im driving or on standstill, i dont think i can hear any air leaks etc, when i start it from cold, it missfires, but when i switch car of and on again, at times it goes away. thats a everymorning problem.
Sounds like a duff air flow meter to me...
But you need to find someone with an OBD2 code reader to check for stored codes... then maybe look for other faults like vacuum leaks (a split intake hose/idle valve belows being favourite(and cheap)) :thumbsup

#8 ·
Yeah, might be worth unplugging the MAF. If it drives even worse then the MAF is ok, if its the same, then i'd look at changing it.

Crankcase vent valve is a little valve (under the intake manifold) that pushes the emulsified air from the crankcase into the inlet manifold to burn it off.(not allowed to vent it to air, so it gets burned off). The valve has a load of pipes to it that give up after a while.
I found two leaks on mine, one was the inleet tract (the big rubber air hose from the airbox) that goes to the idle speed control valve had 2 splits in it.
The other was under the top engine cover and was a pipe that goes to the crankcase vent valve (calling it the cvv from here, thats a lot to type..:D).

My thread. It might help, it might not, but you never know.... :)
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum...-weird-tickover-and-gutless-t59034/page3.html
Almost the same engine, and almost the same symptoms...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.