BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 318Ci SE - Key Fob Issue!

881 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  msw7349 
#1 ·
HI guys.

Recently bought my car which I am absolutely in love with. I bought it with just the one fob key and one wallet key.

My problem is, the central button (lock button) doesn't work, so I am having to lock the car manually via drivers key barrell. My concern is, is this NOT arming my alarm? I get no confirmation from the alarm whatsoever or the clown nose light.

I do have an alarm, I've seen it!

I am going to get a new key ASAP anyway as I might as well to have the current one as a spare, I am just concerned my alarm is not setting in the mean time. I checked other threads and they are similar but don't think anyone has covered this exact point.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!:thumbsup

#2 ·
When you are in the car does the unlock/lock button next to the hazard switch work?

If it doesn't then check fuse 60 inside glovebox. If fuse is fine it is prob the GM5 module that has failed, I have just had mine repaired by a bloke called Collin. Will forward website details, service was brilliant!

If it does work, then check the battery in the key fob. When you press the buttons on the remote, do you get an LED flash on the fob?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.
Yeah the interior button works fine, it's just the central button on the key that physical doesn't work (dodgy micro switch, water damage etc..)
Both other buttons work fine so I'm sure the transmit/receive side of things is fine. Just concerned it requires the remote lock button to arm and that the manual key locking doesn't do it, just locks the locks. I've read that this IS the case on some UK market versions. Just wanted that confirming. I will double/triple check all you have mentioned though.
Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.