BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 e46 325 - gone crazy after gasket change??

709 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  izzy_007 
#1 ·
had a leaking oil filter housing gasket on the 325 and it was only leaking slightly and the car was still quick but after having replaced the gasket and now no more leaking the car seems to have gone mad!!

Before it used to pull and keep going but now it just seems to pull and pull with so much grunt!!

In first gear traction control on before the traction control would only kick in slightly in a straight line but now floor it from 3.5-4k and the traction control goes mad and the cars tries to snake and its got soo much grunt, the revs just go on and on.

is it just me or am i right in thinking that the car has actually picked up some lost power after changing the housing gasket as now there is enough pressure etc and the vanos is working correctly..... therefore getting use of it full power?

#7 · (Edited)
nooo i said that i seem to have a lot more grunt than before now that the leaking gasket has been changed.
before the car was still pretty quick but now it seems to wheelspin a bit and get the traction control kicking in first gear a lot more than before. What i wanted to know is if changing the gasket has actually made that much difference in power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.