BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1999 E36 M3 Evo Coupe - Front Grille/Panel removal

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DragonLogicX 
#1 ·
Evening,

errrmmm after a rather embarassing incident involving my car, slippery shoes and the junk at the back of my garage I have managed to push in my front panel and crack the plastic grilles.

Does anyone know how to remove the front panel and grilles and I was hoping to be able to repair this myself?

Looks like lights, wings, bonnet and fan radiator are undamaged luckily.

Cheers

Ash

#2 ·
I'm surprised your bumper flexed enough to allow this :yikes

For the grills you will need to expose the back of them so that you can release the clips on either side and the bottom and then push them out from the bottom.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF92&mospid=47432&btnr=41_0043&hg=41&fg=10

To remove the front panel you will need to undo the torx bolts that attach to either front wing, remove the screws that secure it to the front wing in the wheel arch and remove the nuts that secure it to the chassis legs.

You may also find that there is a spot weld on each of the chassis legs which can be broken quite easily:thumbsup

It will all become apparent when you start.

I have managed to remove my entire front end before now which meant that I did not have to mess around with headlight removal and adjustment afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.