BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1999 E36 318i convertible heater issues

746 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  billywhizz1984 
#1 ·
Hi everyone just a little help may be needed as my fella is now pulling my hair out over my new to me car :frown

had a problem with the heater blowers on the car we have full digital climate control heating system ,

first thing that happened a week ago was the blowers only blew air out of the floor and not very fast went cold and warm as it should but slowly and we couldn't change heater blower direction so he had a look at all the fuses all good took out pollen filter which was naft and changed the final stage resister and the only thing that changed was the heater speed working as it should now but still we can not change the blower direction so for the third time he took the font of dash to bits and moved the heater blower position manually ,, this has helped it now blows from floor and top of dash but still not as it should,no air at all comes from the front dash vents all the buttons on the climate control panel work they all light up as they should but the blower direction just doesn't move :frown:frown my fella thinks it may be electrical as the clock has no power going to it but not sure if its all linked,

any advice for him would be fab as he really not happy with me nor my car he is trying his hardest to get it sorted ,, don't really want to take it to bmw as my bank account wont cover for that lol

and i need the help as he wants me to go back to having an estate car again and no way do i want to do that so please help me to keep my baby the car that is :D

thankyou in advance :thumbsup

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.