BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E36 M3 evo bc racing coilovers anybody using them advice needed??

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  M3 TIM 
#1 ·
hi a few months ago i purchased a set of bc racing coilovers, very very impressed with them the quality was way beyond the price of £600 delivered.
i got the evo in my shop fitted the front drivers side and found the wheel was 22mm to far forward. after may conversations and emails it turns out the evo was different from the 3.0l and the caster is different.
anyway i got a refund, since then they have corrected the problem and offered me a 15% discount and with me being vat registered it means I'm only paying £420 id be silly not to.Ive got ac schtnitzer/bilstein coilovers on that originally cost 2k so should have no problem selling them.nothing up with them i just want to slam my car.
just wanted to know any advice on setting them up as there are so many options.i will be fitting this week so ill update this thread and let you know.

#3 ·
ive fitted them on sat they had to send me revised top mounts with added castor adjustment as they altered my wheel centre.
a little rubbing over ruff ground on my front right but my trackings well out and the rear springs squeking like mad.not had a proper test drive yet as no tax just around my ind est and dont seem to stiff.
im going to sell the 19 s and go for some 17 bbs splits and go even lower.

#6 ·
They are absolutely awesome coilovers I have them on my lancia integrale and they are spot on ! Softest setting for road is perfect and I do a few track days and just wind them to medium or a custom setting and they are spot on for track , best feature is the design of screwing the whole leg down as apposed to just winding down the spring platform and potentially having loose springs
well decomended , can't coment on e36 as I haven't seen how the rear setup goes?
But as a product/ brand excellent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.