BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E36 323i - Silicone Hoses for custom induction kit!

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Beej 
#1 ·
I'm in the middle of getting a custom heat shield made up by a friend, similar to the Dave F style one and I've got my air filter sorted. Just wanted to know where is best to buy silicone hoses and jubilee clips to connect it all up and which one is best, a 45 degree pipe or a straight pipe etc and what hose/pipe ID diameter fits onto the e36 maf? I appreciate any help with this, cheers!

#6 ·
#7 ·
I ended up getting my silicone pipe from Regal-Motor sports. Got an 80mm ID in black with a 45degree bend and I've already got my air filter sorted as well! Thanks for the link though, really helpful! I'm thinking about getting that heat shield now from BM Conversions, I've got a friend whos a welder and metal worker who said he could make me up a custom heat shield, so will see how much he wants first. Did you get your shield from BM Conversions and how long did you have to wait postage wise?

#8 ·
I think it was just over a week, be sure to email him first to make sure he has some in stock first, otherwise i fear you could be waiting a while.

Their have been situations Iv'e heard bm conversion, not posting the product at all, just thought that needing saying.

The CDV mod m8 is very simple, you don't need to buy any parts what so ever.

You literally just remove a tiny piece of metal from the ''front of the car end'' of the clutch pipe

Reactions: Beej
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.