BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 E36 M3 evo cabrio - Rear roll over bars help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dazla 
#1 ·
Hi all and thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

I own an E36 M3 Evolution convertible I am currentley having the leather retrimed due to water damage whilst removing the rear seats I had to take off the rear roll over bar covers and to my horror some one has simply cut them off and stuck the covers on with mastic!

Im assuming its had a rear ender at some point in its life and they have been set off and insted of resetting them some one didint have a clue and took a hack saw to them:eek.

Im in the process of trying to buy some replacements (if any body has a set for sale please let me know) and on talking to some guy on ebay who is breaking an e36 and he told me the m3 evo have different ones to the rest is this true? I would assume BMW would have kept all the e36s the same for the fitment of these? If they are different how? could I take the cut parts out of mine and swop them round from another set?

Any help would be great:thumbsup

Thanks Darren

#2 ·
oh my god thats bad if not criminal.ive got the same motor and on my test drive the guy was showing me the alarm while it was parked and they both shot out!! the guy fell over and they nearly came through the rear screen.it took us an hour to workout that the tool too realease them is within the toolkit.never thought of checking before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.