BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 e36 bmw 328i sport injectors

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CharleyNokia 
#1 ·
i need new injectors. my car has the m50 manifold conversion, the injectors in it are pinky red colour i seen green ones on ebay for 328i which ones do i need thank you for any feed back

#2 ·
I think if you have the reds in, then reds are what should be put back in. You really only change up colors when you are doing bigger power mods like on turbo cars, which will need the extra fuelling and remaps to cope with the needs of the turbo.

N/A cars rarely require changing their injectors to bigger ones cos the ones fitted can cope with a little extra fuelling for mediocore mods anyway. Just stick to the reds. If you put greens in, then you'll have to get the ecu remapped to compensate for the extra fuelling, which the engine doesn't need anyway, unless you have a turbo or supercharger fitted.

#3 ·
sorry i think you have misunderstood me. i mean what colour are the standard ones. one of mine has packed up and they get really noisy if given abuse only ones i have found on ebay are green is this the corect ones. ones in mine are pink. are these the 325i ones maybe fitted by mistake with the manifold..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.