BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 E36 318ti - Do all E36's have abs?

11K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  seanb_007 
#1 ·
Do all E36's have abs?
If so is there always an abs ring on the back of the front hub?

#3 ·
right ok, only reason i ask is ive replaced my front stub axle as had a bolt sheared off in my old one. got it from the scrapyard, put a new abs sensor in but is coming up with a fault on the code reader... drive detection.. so when i looked through the gap in the back and it looks smooth with no abs ring whereas my orignal one you can see the abs ring easily... might have to take the hub off and put my original hub bearing assembly onto it. Cant remember what e36 i took it off at the scrappy, i thought it was another compact but could be wrong... cheers for your help though

#7 ·
mines got an ABS light but the standard brakes are so rubbish i cant actually get it to call upon the ABS so it might not work?? Lol :rofl

#8 ·
SORTED!! changed the hub/bearing over from my original hub carrier which has an abs ring, removed the other one and it was a non abs bearing even though the hub carrier has the hole for the abs sensor :confused

drove the car down the road and the light went out... result..
ta for all your help..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.