BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 - e36 328 TOURER - VANOS & POWERFLEX BUSHES QUERY

669 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  yetibmw 
#1 ·
hello to all,

two quick questions for you:

1. how would i tell if i have any impending vanos issues
2. powerflex (or similar) bushes, are they really much better than standard items

thanks for your advice

cheers
bf

#3 ·
i dont think ive seen a more debated subject than which bushes to opt for on here...
a friend of mine does track days, albeit in a vectra, and he swears by them...
track surface is very smooth and totally different to that of a road.
i was troubled by your same decision and in the end opted to go with standard (but genuine) bushes...my main reason for this was that bmw spend a whole load of money and hours developing the handling on their cars..as new they handle pretty darn well and i thought 'who the hell am i to judge', i figured changing the wheels to 17" from the standard 15" will sharpen the handling enough without compromising the ride quality too much..but thats my personal opinion.
so far as general opinion goes there is no doubt poly bushes will sharpen the handling. they will also firm up the ride, but add to cockpit and road noise.
its all a matter of choice...good luck whichever way you go...i hope you're happy with your decision

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.