BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 E36 328i coupe- full tracking on lowered car

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ontheball247 
#1 ·
Hi guys, went out and got some quotes on full tracking, since this is also on my to do list. May also need RTABs though, so its even more waiting for funds to clear up so i can get both things done at the same time. Anyhow, my problem is, my car is lowered a fair bit and the guy at the garage said he wouldnt be able to phyically get the gauges on the wheels because of how low the car is. So now for the silly question...I know its common sense that the gauges will not fit with my ride height and i dont know why i didnt realise this myself, but does anyone know any way around this?
Cheers,
Baz.

#6 ·
go for my setup 62mm drop on the front 102mm on the rear :D

#3 ·
we use a hunter aligner in work and the sensor plates clamp onto the edge of the wheel (not tyre) some kits acutal clamp over the back of the wheel and tyre but i do know ive turned away loads of people(usually chavs who have lowered there saxo way to much)

if its on coilovers rais it up a touch but once its done dont lower it again or all the settings will go out . dont bother to get the alignment done until the rtab are done.

expect to pay anything up to £70 for a proper four wheel alingment. itle transform the way it drives trust me.

hope this helps.

#5 ·
hey, thanks for the tips guys. i'll be doing the rtabs myself, so i'll send it in for tracking after that. but i'll shop around some more, since the cheapest ive got is £90 for full tracking.
John, do you know if the hunter aligner is a common tool in alot of garages, or is it something where i may have trouble finding a garage that uses that?
As for how low it is, i havent taken proper measurements, but the front wheel arch covers half the tyre wall (top side, obviously) and the rear wheel arch was about the same, until a few days ago. i raised it to just about cover the tip of the tyre wall. its got a nice bit of a lean to its stance now, which i like. i'll post measurements here soon as i remember to take em. as for the coilovers though, in case you go for the hottuning ones, i need 5mm wheel spacers on the front wheels, with 225/45/17's on original M3 wheels. I'll double check that though, it might be 40...not 45.
Baz.

#7 ·
im also on hot tuning coilovers and same tyre size and also needed a 3mm spacer :thumbsup

#9 ·
So how far in mm are you from the lowest setting on the adjustment front and rear?, i want mine low but not to the point of ruining the underside of the car,

Also as soon as its lowered i've got some 18 inch alpina reps to go on so this should give me a smidgeon more clearance :thumbsup

#11 ·
Yeah thats a good point but the 18's need tyres before they go on so i'm going to mess around with the m3 wheels on for height, the 18's are the same tyre width (225) and i'm guessing here but the overall diameter etc shouldn't be too different and i'm almost certain they are the same offset
*crosses fingers* ;)

#14 ·
Well, you should get 6 full turns by hand on the studs. I get 4 and a half to 5 full turns with my 5mm spacers fitted, no issues. BUT im not gonna advise anyone else to go against safety rules.
The only other issue with bigger spacers (usually about 10mm+) is getting hub centric ones. But in case anyone else tells you to source some of those, you wont need em with 5mm spacers.
Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.