BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1994 e36 325i - Vanos???

33K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  chrismaybury31 
#1 ·
i've got a 1994 e36 325i coupe manual, what is vanos??? have i got vanos??? how do i know?? what am i lookin for??? can anyone help??

cheers

#8 ·
Vanos

cheers guys, just tryin to get hold of a lambda sensor you see... and keep getting asked if my cars got it or not.

thanks for your help, this site is wicked. so helpful and you guys really no your stuff.
i'll definately be spreading the word on such a top site.:D :D :D

does anyone know any ways of resolving over-sensitive electric windows???

cheers

#10 ·
you know the windows are designed to go back down if they get obstructed on the way up (if you got your head stuck in there for example i presume) they just seem too sensitive when drivin, i'll fully press to automatically go all the way up, it'll get about 2/3rds of the way up then go back down, and vice versa. not every time, about 6 times out of 10.

any ideas??

#14 ·
Look very carefully, even more so when the window reaches it's final resting position when going up.

Or like Ronnie mentioned, remove the door trim panel and lube the runners up. They may be dry and not running through the channels freely.

#28 ·
sadie325
Bimmer Fan
sadie325's Car Specifications
sadie325's Car Specifications
Make of Car: BMW
Model of Car: 325i
Year of Vehicle: 1994
Transmission Type: manual
Car Body Type: coupe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you know the windows are designed to go back down if they get obstructed on the way up (if you got your head stuck in there for example i presume) they just seem too sensitive when drivin, i'll fully press to automatically go all the way up, it'll get about 2/3rds of the way up then go back down, and vice versa. not every time, about 6 times out of 10.

any ideas??

Should work like that i was showing my brother how it worked and on that occasion it decided not to work and trapped my fingers in it.(ouch)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.