The tether/strap on my fuel cap recently broke/perished so here's what I did to fix it. I know that you can place the cap in the hole in the fuel flap hinge whilst fuelling but just in case I fixed it anyway.
1. Cut off broken strap very near the grommet in the flap hinge.
2. Drill out a small hole in the remaining grommet.
3. Prise out old strap from cap edge. It has a revolving disk so be careful the tool doesn't slip whilst doing so.
4. I used some fly fishing backing braid to make a new strap to the original length. Fed one end through the grommet with a needle, the other through the hole left in the fuel cap rotating disk.
5. I made knots on the ends of the braid and glued them to stop them coming back through.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk