BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E39 Trans Safe Mode

Tags
mode safe trans
2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  755munich 
#1 ·
Hi

I have been getting the Trans Safe Mode popping up on my 2002 E39 525i-SE Auto Tourer for a while now always been after the car as been stood over night, I only had to put the key in the ignition without trying to start the car before the Trans Safe Mode message popped up, if I back off the Key a couple of times or put the Gear lever in Neutral the message would always disappear and I could drive away and not see the message again until the car had been stood over night? now I seem to be getting the Trans Safe Mode message more frequently and now even when the engine is warm which I didn't have before, I have had the code read and it comes back as (060 Selector Lever position) I think the car drives normally changes into 5th at just over 40mph which is good for economy, I am running this vehicle on LPG.

Thanks Dale

#3 ·
Hi I had the oil renewed a couple of months back after the Oil cooler sprung a leak, had new oil cooler and fresh BMW LT spec oil in the box, car drives fine no problems changing gear, just this Trans Safe Mode and the (060 Selector Lever position) problem it does not do it all the time, seems worse at different times not consistent, yesterday it happened only when it was cold, a couple of turns of the ignition key reset it and it was fine all evening?

#5 ·
755 Munich do you know what the fault codes have been read for the Trans Safe Mode when its been a low battery problem ? I am getting 060 Selector Lever Position, it actually makes sense that it could be a low battery because the warning on the dash as been there mainly after being stood over night?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.