BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

55 plate - CCC retrofit?

968 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  chr15gb 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I used to use this forum when I had my e92 but since bought an e60 520D. I bought the car with the sole reason of a motorway runner so didn't really look past the sat nav and media options but now having owned it for 2 weeks, id really like some form of nav, AVR to power video etc.

Old:

New (to me):

at the minute I believe it just has the M-ASK single CD player (no changer, but its prepped for it) I currently have a Dension Gateway 500 on order which will be fitted Monday but was wondering if fitting a CCC system is worth it? id obviously like the idea of having NaV without having to mount a stand alone unit every time I want to go somewhere unknown.

do you need the CCC unit to have video input in the head rests? (planning ahead to keep the little one entertained)

and if I decided to go ahead with the retrofit, is there any places people would recommend having it done and would they do it as a package or would I need to take the parts down?

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#5 ·
yeah normally I would say its not worth it but I plan on keeping the car for a while. Its only covered 75k so PLENTY of life still left in it, only car I've owned were i look forward to driving it. NAV I didn't think I would miss but now realising how much I travel it would be very handy indeed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.