BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hahahaha - Was this any of you guys?

Tags
hahahaha
15K views 72 replies 44 participants last post by  Dez-Derek 
#1 ·
‪BMW driver MJ58 WHK used his horn and threatened a cyclist‬‏ - YouTube

Cyclist crying because a BMW driver was trying to use BMW driver language to say "Get the F**k out of the way!"

Sure the driver could have been more polite about it, but filming him and calling the police? :eek

Seems like a whiney little tattle tale to me. :lol

What do you reckon? Should he have pulled over? Should the driver have crawled along behind him?

(just incase the video above doesn't work)
http://youtu.be/L2QRjf72qbE

#52 ·
THe cyclist is a complete to$$er - you can see next to the BMW there is ample room to pull a bike over for a few seconds. The cyclist is obviously one of those 'countryside' types and probably a rambler the rest of his (sad) life..........
Thats exactly what I was thinking

#3 ·
what a knob!! - imagine dialling 999 over something so trivial.. and then filming it and putting it on Youtube.. tree hugging pants needs to turn in his man card.. :rofl:thumbsup:lol

#6 ·
I think this comment at the bottom of the video says it all "does he pay road tax for his bike, no". The guy also asks where could he possibly pull over as the lane is very narrow. Unless my eyes are going, is that no a pull in right next to the X6?? Waist of everyone's time

#10 ·
I've come across people like the BMW driver before around where I live the "gentleman" as he is called is a complete C**T

We have rich land owners around here who have roads like the one on the You Tube clip which they own but are also a public right of way and are marked as so each end of them, the owners keep removing the signs everytime the council erects a new sign. They then kick off and get nasty if you use the road saying they own it, they've done it to me several times a year or sometimes a week if I am working near them and use the road as a short cut, the more they moan the more I use the road SIMPLES :thumbsup
They used to moan so much about my van going up and down the road, causing pot holes, and making a noise past their manor house which is set well back that I used to make a point if I was on my TL1000 (at the time) to give it a thrash on his personal road, bet his blood boiled when he heard the V twin with Akroprovic's on it scream past.

Tell me where the road on You Tube is and I'll go and give the To55er hell, the cyclist could have moved over but I bet the BMW driver was just baiting him.

#14 ·
As a cyclist and a BMW driver I can understand things on both sides. Some drivers are really impatient, but in this case though the cyclist is being a complete to$$er. As others have pointed out he could have just pulled onto the open area to that he's clearly filming rather than wasting everyone's time. Let's hope the police used the video evidence for prosecuting him for wasting police time!

What more can you say - he's got tin mud guards on his bike :rofl

#18 ·
Lmao what a ponce. I would have just rammed him out of the way!

Reactions: pangster
#19 ·
Most cyclists are like Tipper drivers and have a few brain cells removed at birth. The ones who also drive cars at least have some road sense but the rest are just plain gormless. Have you tried driving in London, they're suicidal, no wonder hundreds a week are injured on the road. No signals, no warning, they don't even look most of the time before they just cycle across the front of you. Weaving in and out of traffic with earphones in. They should be forced to pay for insurance and tax to be on the road.

#23 ·
Section 168 of the Highway Code...

Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

They're probably both idiots but the cyclist is just being a complete self-righteous prat. Someone has to be the big man.

I've also been a keen cyclist (when younger and thinner) and I've come across the "I'm entitled" cycling fringe. I can't help thinking that not having had to take a test, pay tax or insurance they are in a somewhat privileged position and should watch what they say :)

#27 ·
6 of one and half a dozen of the other but in the unlikely event of me being the push biker ide of run over his car front to back and had right royal ruck with the snobbish sod..

if i had been the driver i would of held the horn on permanent so he couldn't make a call or video it in the first place...he would of bin done for a nuisance call by the plod aswell with a horn blaring away in the control room operators ears:rofl

#34 ·
He says at the start of filming he's cycling along a public bridleway....

A public bridleway is a way over which the public have the following, but no other rights:
..to travel on foot and
..to travel on horseback or leading a horse, with or without a right to drive animals of any description along the way.

#36 ·
best thing ta do find out where he lives and park some road legal but rather obnoxious cars right outside his house everyday video it and post it on youtube, pay ya road tax ya can park what ya like, where ya like, so long as your not obstructing access and obeying the traffic laws..

see if he like's the same sort of attention and notoriety on his own turf and manor...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.