BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

good paint shop advice, msport conversion

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  pinco000 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Im planning to do a msport conversion of my se. I want to buy the bumpers from ebay and then get them
painted. I would appreciate if you could suggest me a good paint shop. I recently did painting with ssdd motorport( fantastic job), but they are quite pricey. For front, rear bumper, sideskirts they want £600.

Also, do you know if my fog lights will fit the m sport bumper?
Are there any bits that I need apart from the bumpers itself. Is a diy here possible?
cheers

#2 ·
You need msport foglights x2 (sided)
You need 2 hb3 to hb4 wiring adaptors are the se fogs use hb3 bulbs and the msport use hb4
I also believe you need different mounting brackets for the bumper at the sides where it connects to the wings but i could be wrong on that front.

I recently changed my front bumper on my SE to an M3 replica one. Came colour coded all in including foglights and adaptors for £350.

And imo it looks much nicer than the msport front imo

Link

BMW 3 SERIES E90/E91 M3 SPORT M3 LOOK FRONT BUMPER ABS PLASTIC + Grilles/Meshes | eBay

#8 ·
I dont understand the logic in buying a SE model to then change the parts to sport model if your gonna do that atleast put genuine bmw m-sport parts on not replica aftermarket ones off ebay ontop of spraying cost seems a real waste to me theres a reason why those aftermarket are so cheap,poor durability and quality spring to mind

Why not spend money on oem m-sport parts that are already painted even if it cost a couple hundred getting them touched up atleast it wont be such a bodged job your money u get back on selling your SE parts should cover most the cost anyway

Reactions: pinco000
#9 ·
OK. Let me explain a little bit. My bmw is my first car. At the time I was buying I wanted badly a built in sat nav, good mileage and a complete service history. But those cars with the pro satnavs were pretty expensive. So I had to forget it.
I keep upgrading it bit by bit and Im still nowhere near the M Sports with satnavs with regards to the price. I got plenty of upgrades already , and all of them are oem. My last upgrade will be the m sport kit. Genuine only.
Secondly the price of the painting...I did not research properly yet. This price was given to me by a company that sprayed mi bootlid lip spoiler. The colour match is fantastic, so they were the first I have asked about the job. I dont know anyone else yet. Research is ahead of me :) I love my car to bits and surely wont put anything other then OEM. I got the MV3 alloys already on , staggered & genuine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.