BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E92 335 M sport buyers guide

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nj2810 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 335 coupe, manual, petrol, coupe and ideally M sport - Are there any buyers guides out there I can look at?

Or does anyone have advice of what to look out for.

I'm looking for sub 40k miles - I've been reading turbos being replaced at 60k miles?

Thanks all

#2 ·
Dont think they do 335's in manual in diesels their auto only you need a 330 if getting a manual in diesel but petrol does manual 335 model they aint much in it really from a 330 with single turbo and 335 with twin turbo probably both are 3.0L engines 0.5s 0-60 difference thats all worth looking at both 3.0L with single and twin turbo's

Ive never heard people changing turbos at 60k my brother just sold his 335d last month both turbos were fine at 60k+ and my mate just traded his 335d with audi few weeks ago with 100k miles in the clock still with its original twin turbo's

#5 ·
I've got one of the early 'problem 335is' 2007 335i auto, done 112K miles now. I've had it since 1600 miles on the clock ex demo. The only thing out of the ordinary which has been replaced is a faulty fuel pressure sensor which cost about £70 at about 80000 miles.

Apart from that servicing has been cheap, ave fuel consumption about 31 mpg, uses no oil. I would normally have traded it in by now but it is such an amazing car with an amazing engine. Only thing to know is change your run flats for Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2 (non RFT) and put winter tyres on in winter.

I know a few other people who have either got 335i or had 335i and very few issues. None of these have been chipped - don't need it to be honest - i'd avoid anything which has been tuned in any way, that's probably when you would be spending money on new turbos, HPFPs etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.