Year of Manufacture:
    na
    Transmission Type:
    na
    Car Body Type:
    na

Thanks
    Hi All,

I currently have a E46 Compact 316TI auto and am looking at upgrading to a E90 320D auto, as im sick of leaks and high oil consumption although I've replaced every little common problem the water expansion tank drew the line where i decided that will be the last repair!

I do like the newer face lift ones with in newer interior as they have all what i want as standard etc, but i think ill be looking at around a 2006.

My current E46 is a SE so that gives me climate control and cruise control and rear parking sensors.
    So these are a must on the E90 plus it would also be nice to have auto lights and Bluetooth for phone connectivity and music.

Also some nice little things i would like are DRL's and 3 flash lane change indicators but from what i read these can be turned on and off somehow?

Is there any model i should be looking out for what will have the things im wanting or any buying advice people can give me?
    TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Navci's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I recently got a BMW E90 330i.. definitely go for a 6 pot stay aware from 4 pot engines.. not sure about the diesel e90's..but I love my 330i very nice looking and a smooth drive

the power is great and mpg is too I average at 29mpg which is not bad for a 3.0 v6 tank..so I would definitely look at a 325 or 330 (same 3.0 engines btw)..unless your hell bent on a diesel go for a 330d

As usual buying any used car make sure it has full service history and 1-2 owners.

Things which bug me about mine is there is no engine temperature gauge and the oil level is electronic. Very nice and gadgetry but personally I prefer the old skool way of checking things

I would definitely go for one with I-drive.. like I have. very good piece of kit and sat nav is pretty good.

Also check your alloy wheels for any cracks etc or an uneven drive..pulling to one side.. as these cars have run flats the alloy wheels take lot of the force from pot holes..and are not cheap to repair

also check for any knocks or weird noises when going over humps as the shocks can be on the way out..Mine got replaced before I picked the car up at the dealers expense due to it failing MOT over worn shocks

Mine does not use much oil then it should. The oil level has been in the middle past month..Saying that my brothers 325 LCI model needs regular topping up every month..So I think this is dependant on how well it has been taken care of and if any oil leaks have been previously fixed etc

The engines are quite rattly in the petrol models..which is normal. As long as there are no load bangs or sounds like bag of nails

make sure you shop around I shopped for months before getting mine.

oh and it must be a M sport

I hope i helped you out a bit
    Bmw E90 330 M sport

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Mike335i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    I think Bluetooth music (a2dp) is only on lci models but not 100% sure on that one.

The straight 6 engines (both petrol and diesel) are supposed to be much nicer, but if you want a 320d there are plenty about and a well looked after one should be a good balance of power and economy. I have only driven 218d and an old 318ti 4 pots and they were OK. Lacking in grunt and not as smooth, but not bad.

Avoid ES spec as very basic, but SE and M sport are a bit pricier.
    Assume nothing as Bluetooth is not standard (even if the car has iDrive!).
    Avoid 19"alloys as these are prone to cracking.
    Run flats can be changed and is worth doing.
    LCI iDrive is greatly improved over the original system.
    If you can find one with Harman Kardon (also known as the logic7) sound system then great, it's an ace set up.

'59 LCI 335i M Sport Manual, Sapphire Black, Professional Nav and Black Dakota Interior
    '09 Alfa MiTo 155 Veloce, Manual, Etna Black

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Linkpad's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Images
    Thanks
    Get a 325D mate I got one, there around the same price and don't have the timing chain/turbo problems (Expensive to fix)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    phototropic's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    Thanks
    The later LCI 320d will have an N47 engine which can suffer from timing chain failure (N47 - 2007-2011 iirc?) (somewhat common issue but the car is the most sold of the range.) Debatable how bad this issue is given the popularity of the cars.

320d are good cars in terms of real world performance. The M47 is mechanically simplier than the N47 and may not have a problematic DPF which is good. Hard to find one with low mileage etc as these are real workhorses.

6 pot diesel or petrol will be far superior in terms of power and smoothness but depends on your budget.

Cruise control is standard on an SE. You sound like you like your toys...You should get a high spec SE car if you dont want M sport extras as M sport carry a premium for body kit and suspension.
    Current:
    2006 325i E91 - M Sport - Manual - Le Mans Blue

Previous:
    2006 318d E91 - ES - Manual - Montego Blue
    1998 328i E36 - Sport - Manual - Avus Blue