BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Advice needed on buying a very high mileage 320d M Sport

Tags
high mileage
11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  johnnybrando 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Totally new to the forum and to BMW's. I am looking at buying a 320d M Sport Business Edition (2010) for £8.5k. The issue is the car has done 160,000 miles. It has had one owner and has a full BMW Dealership service history. I have driven it and it drives well, no noises or smoke. Is this a good deal, what potential problems should I be looking for? I can also get a 15 month warranty with it.

Any and all advice very welcome. Thanks.

#2 ·
Full and competent history is a must on any high mileage car mate. There's horror stories about the timing chains snapping on the n47 engine and with that mileage id say it would have happened by now if it was ever going to be a problem.

Dpf only has a service life of 130k so check for that being changed as that's a £1.5k job and a clutch and dmf is almost certainly been replaced or will very soon.

#8 ·
This is a question I ask myself a lot. There are lots of beemers with silly mileage for not a lot of money. I look after my cars, service regularly, but I guess you never know the life its lived before you take ownership. I have an 2001 E46 320d, thats done 173k. The engine is smooth as silk, but I'm finding other areas on the car are failing. Im no expert though, but as an example, is something like this a bargain or would people steer clear...

BMW 320 2.0TD 2004 Cd M-SPORT COUPE | eBay

And what about petrol too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.