BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2008 E90 330d - Will March 2010 E90 Halogen LCI headlights fit ?

12K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Lethbridge1 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have just obtained a set of e90 lci headlights to fit to my pre lci 330d, has anyone done this already, how difficult are they to change as trying to decide whether to take it to a garage for them to do??

Also, What are opinions on changing the bulbs from the standard ones, I need to keep them as halogens otherwise I believe I will end up with error messages?

Will they also work with the DRL function?

Any advice on the above will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

#2 ·
Headlight change

Have done same replacement on my 2007 325d, You will have to remove front bumper daylight running lights work perfectly only slight problem wheel arch liner access panels not in same position to change bulbs in future quicker to remove complete arch liner to change some bulbs :D

#3 ·
Have done same replacement on my 2007 325d, You will have to remove front bumper daylight running lights work perfectly only slight problem wheel arch liner access panels not in same position to change bulbs in future quicker to remove complete arch liner to change some bulbs :D
Excellent thank you! Did you do yours yourself as I have no idea how to remove the front bumper! Do you have the original bulbs or did you replace?

Thanks again

#7 ·
Thank you very much for your help! Really appreciated. I'll have to wait until they arrive but just checked the picture and the label on the top of the headlight definitely says march 2010 and also has H7 as the bulb required, do you think these will be the same as the picture you posted? They look identical to me.

Thanks again!

#9 ·
Thanks very much:thumbsup any suggestions on decent bulbs to replace with? I have seen the OSRAM Nightbreaker but would quite like a blue tinge to the lights if possible.

Thanks for all your advice, this is my first BMW and only had it a couple of weeks as you can probably tell!!

#12 ·
Headlight change

Yes fitted headlights myself it was easier than i thought passed recent MOT with no adjustment needed on beam pattern. In answer to neal yes i still have footwell problem showing blown bulb as lights are all working putting up with it at moment dont like price of new mudule ! :)

#13 ·
Yes fitted headlights myself it was easier than i thought passed recent MOT with no adjustment needed on beam pattern. In answer to neal yes i still have footwell problem showing blown bulb as lights are all working putting up with it at moment dont like price of new mudule ! :)
Did you change your bulbs before installing? Has changing the lights caused your footwell module problem?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.