335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

I have a 2007 335i coupe with 88k on the clock. Recently I have been experiencing cold start up problems in the morning whereby on starting the revs fluctuate greatly and the yellow check engine light comes on. After switching off and restarting everything is fine until after getting up to normal oil temperature I accelerate hard past 5k rpm and again the check engine light comes on. I have a local indy garage run by a friend who today look at the codes and has suggested I have a leaky injector/s which sounds about correct with the symptoms described.

I then went to my local BMW dealership straight afterwards as I know there is a QEP on the injectors. They told me all 6 had been replaced back in 2011 prior to me owning the car and suggested I book in a diagnostics at a cost of 135 pounds.

My question is if it is the injectors leaking will they replace them again for free? I am very wary of dealerships and the costs involved using them.

Any suggestions/advice would be very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Phil325i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E92 325i MSport Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Doubt very much you'd get another free set of injectors. I suggest you ask them! If they say no, then I'd go to your indy for injector replacement as his labour rates will probably be a lot less than a dealer. Cotswold BMW parts dept give a discount to members of this forum, which might save you a few quid on the injectors (which are PRICEY!).
    E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; ; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front